Kermanshah University of Medical Sciences
Kermanshah University of Medical Sciences
Why choose Kermanshah University of Medical Sciences ?
- Kermanshah University of Medical Sciences Founded in 1968.
- KUMS is a public university located in Kermanshah, Iran.
- Kermanshah University of Medical Sciences is approved by PMC, ECFMG and WHO.
- The University has 521 academic staff and 5500 students studying at all levels of medical fields at its faculties.
- The university regulates and coordinates the activities of medical education, training and research in healthcare profession throughout Kermanshah Province.
- This university has 08 Vice-Chancellors, 08 faculties, and 17 Hospitals, 08 of these Hospitals are in Kermanshah city,
- The University provides MBBS courses in both English and Persian.
- Kermanshah University of Medical Sciences ranked no #31 in Iran.
CRITERIA & ELIGIBILITY:
MD/MBBS Fee Package
- Passport Size Photo (White Background)
- SSC Mark sheet/Junior high school document (grade 10th)
- HSSC Mark sheet/Senior high school document (grade 12th)
- Police clearance certificate
- Application Form
All the Documents should be in clear scan form
Founded as a nursing high school in 1968 in one of the largest cities in western Iran, Kermanshah University of Medical Sciences progressed to be a college of medicine in 1975 and then a university as part of the structural reforms of 1985.
Billing itself as a “Knowledge Hub in the Context of History” it oversees healthcare training and education across the Kermanshah province.
Medical specialisms on offer have grown from the first – anaesthesiology, in 1991 – to a current offer of 114 options, while the public health faculty offers 10 different degree courses. It is one of three Iranian hospitals involved in a “telemedicine” project enabling remote diagnosis by doctors. Notable research projects have focused on “Nurse Intuition” in critical care diagnosis and the possible use of yoga in treating multiple sclerosis.
It champions core values of collaboration, diversity, ethical community, excellence, learning and opportunity. It has grown steadily with the addition of faculties of nursing and midwifery in 1987, public health in 1997, pharmacy in 2002, and dentistry and allied medical sciences in 2008. In 2016 it enrolled 4,798 students including 863 postgraduates.
An agreement was concluded in 2019 to build a health technology campus in the province, and the first heart transplant is likely to be completed in 2019 or 2020. A delegation from the university visited Iraqi Kurdistan in April 2019 to discuss common needs and issues.
The healthcare and training network extends across 24 hospitals, seven in Kermanshah and the rest spread across the province. Among these the Imam Reza Teaching and Treatment centre has a 36-bed dialysis ward while cardiovascular surgery and cardiology are provided by Imam Ali hospital.
The city of Kermanshah is the capital of Kermanshah Province, located in the western part of Iran. Kermanshah is the largest and central city in the west with a population about one million people. Kermanshah developed in the 4th century AD under the patronage of the Sassanid. The city is situated on the foothills of the Zagros mountain range, 525 km south-west of Tehran.
It has many natural and historical sightseeing in the city and the towns around. The city enjoys a temperate climate and regular seasons. The people of Kermanshah are warm and friendly. The languages spoken by the people are Kurdish and Farsi.
The beautiful nature, together with its people’s dialects and their spiritual and religious characters make the province substantially unique in the region. Kermanshah has a rich history of culture and civilization, possessing monuments illustrating its people’s values for life and humanity throughout historic and prehistoric periods.
The main industries in Kermānshāh include textile manufacturing, food processing, oil refining, carpet making, sugar refining, and the production of electrical equipment and tools. It is connected by road to Tabrīz, Hamadan, and Qazvīn and has an airport.
In Kermanshah, the summers are sweltering, arid, and clear and the winters are very cold and partly cloudy. Over the course of the year, the temperature typically varies from 26°F to 100°F and is rarely below 17°F or above 104°F