1) High-quality education with affordable tuition fees
China is a world leader in modern medicine. Many of its medical universities are ranked among the top 500 medical universities in the world. MBBS programs in China are designed on the basis of international standards, making them equivalent to Western MBBS degrees.
The best advantage of medical education in China is the affordable tuition fees. It is 70% cheaper than in Western countries. There are also many opportunities for scholarships and bursaries.
2) Fast admission process
MBBS admission in China is as easy as anywhere else in the world. The eligibility criteria are simple and can be easily drawn up by students. Foreign students also don’t have to take entrance exams to study for MBBS! This saves time from hectic admission procedures and fierce competition. Intime study advisors can also help you prepare the right documents.
3) Global recognition
MBBS programs in China are recognized by the World Health Organisation (WHO) and are listed in the International Medical Education Directory (IMED). Chinese MBBS graduates are also eligible to sit for many national medical examinations in many parts of the world.
These are more reasons why international students choose to study MBBS in China!
Admission information for MBBS in China
To successfully study MBBS in China, first, make sure you meet all the requirements below:
- At least 60% in Physics, Chemistry, Biology (PCB), and Mathematics. Students should especially have an excellent average in Biology to increase the admission rate.
- At least 70 % in mathematics
- 18 years or over at the time of application
- Matric and Intermediate Result Card
- Applicants must have stable financial support to afford the costs of studying and living in China.
The application process in 3 stages
- Search for MBBS programs and click the apply button.
- Upload the required documents and wait for admission confirmation. If you are admitted, an invitation letter will be sent to you.
- Pay the required fees, arrange your visa and get ready to study MBBS in China!
Simple MBBS application service
Want to apply for MBBS in China without confusing and hectic application procedures? Intime study advisors offers an MBBS application service that will make the application process easier and simpler. For a very affordable price, you will receive many benefits including:
- Expedited priority application
- free personalized advice
- Guaranteed admission to at least 1 MBBS program.
- Timely feedback and much more!
- All necessary documents for MBBS in China
- Personal statement letter – 150 words introducing yourself, your goals, and future plans after graduation.
- Curriculum Vitae – include details of your educational background, work/volunteering/other experience, and related information.
- Diplomas and transcripts (these will need to be translated if not in English or Chinese).
- Medical examination sheet – blood test results with hospital stamp (Chinese or English translation acceptable).
- Letter of recommendation – this should include the recommender’s affiliation and position, signature, email address, and telephone number.
- valid passport
- Proof of financial support – can be a bank deposit certificate/account statement for the last 3 months on company letterhead, with a minimum closing balance of USD 7000 or equivalent. If the account holder is not yourself, please provide the sponsor’s passport/ID.
- Certified translation of documents into English or Chinese.
Where is the Chinese MBBS valid?
Which countries recognize Chinese medical degrees? If you study for an MBBS in China and graduate in good standing, you have many opportunities to work all over the world. You will only need to pass each country’s medical exam to obtain a license to practice, for example:
- Pakistan Medical and Dental Council (PMDC).
- Saudi Health Specialties Commission (SCHS)
- Medical and Dental Professions Council
- South African Council for the Professions of Medicine
- Professional and Linguistic Assessment Board (PLAB) in the United Kingdom
- The United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE)
- Caribbean Association of Medical Councils (CAMC)