Why Study MBBS in Russia?
In addition to being the largest country in the world by location, Russia is also a popular choice for international students to study MBBS. MBBS in Russia is considered one of the most sought-after study programs. At present, medical education is provided by more than 70 Russian universities, out of them only 25 Medical universities in Russia are authorized to teach MBBS in English medium to foreign students.International students choose to study here because the tuition fees offered by Russian universities are very low compared to other Western countries.
Some of the Reasons are:
- The best medical universities
- Affordable tuition fees
- Recognition of MBBS degrees worldwide
- Comfortable and well-equipped campus complexes
- Affordable cost of living in Russia
- Easy admission procedure
- Well-known research opportunities
- Exciting student life
Eligibility Criteria for MBBS in Russia
- You must have at least 50% marks in science subjects in the 12th grade.
- You must be 17 years of age on 31 December of the year of admission to study MBBS in Russia.
- Unlike in other countries, IELTS and TOEFL are not compulsory to study in Russia.
- You do not have any infectious diseases such as tuberculosis, HIV AIDS, etc.
Top 10 MBBS Universities in Russia
- Lomonosov Moscow State University – Moscow, Russia
- Sechenov University – Moscow, Russia
- Pirogov Russian National Scientific Medical University – Moscow, Russia
- Pavlov University – St. Petersburg, Russia
- Saint Petersburg State University – Saint Petersburg, Russia
- Novosibirsk State University – Novosibirsk, Russia
- Tomsk State University – Tomsk, Russia
- Kazan Federal University – Irkutsk, Russia
- RUDN (Russian University of Commonwealth of Nations) University – Moscow, Russia
- Belgorod State National Research University – Belgorod, Russia
MBBS Duration in Russia
The MBBS in Russia provides a high level of education, delivered by highly qualified professors. The MBBS program in Russia lasts 6 years, including practical training. You can also choose a 7-year MBBS program in Russian, which includes an additional 1 year of Russian language training.
Scope of MBBS in Russia for Pakistani Students
Most Pakistani students choose to return to Russia after completing the MBBS. In order to practice in Pakistan, they will have to take the Foreign Medical Graduate Examination (FMGE). The test is held twice a year, i.e. in June and December, and a minimum of 50% in both papers is required to pass the exam. After passing the exam, you will be required to take a compulsory one-year traineeship.
After graduation, you can continue your medical practice in Russia with a work permit. This permit is valid for 1 year. You can expect to receive an average salary of 5,50,000 Russian rubles per year while practicing in Russia.
After completing your MBBS in Russia, you can also continue your residency for 2 years to become a specialist in various fields such as neurosurgery, cardiology, psychiatry, pediatrics, gynecology, etc.
Are you ready to become a doctor? The teaching methods at Russian universities will make a lasting impression on your medical career. There are only a few places where you can get an MBBS degree economically – Russia is one of them. So what are you waiting for? Do you still have questions?
Don’t worry! Contact us. Intime Study Advisors’s mission is to reach every country and every child to ensure that talent is properly provided for in the industry. We strive to help young confused minds from class 9, class 10, class 11, and class 12 with the aim of choosing the right career choice for them.